Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 01:35:25 -0400
From:      "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        karl agee <kdagee@attglobal.net>
Cc:        "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@rambo.simx.org>, Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>, freebsd-questions <FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linking a directory to another filesystem

Pardon a bit of the tone of my last post; mail is arriving out of order and
confusing me.

On Friday 26 July 2002 12:49 am, karl agee wrote:
| On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 21:31, karl agee wrote:
| > su-2.05a# du -d1 -h -x /
| > 512B	/dev
| > 2.0K	/tmp
| > 2.0K	/usr
| > 2.0K	/var
| > 3.0M	/stand
| > 1.1M	/etc
| > 2.0K	/cdrom
| > 2.0K	/cdrom1
| > 2.0K	/dist
| > 6.6M	/bin
| >  48M	/boot
| > 2.0K	/mnt
| > 2.0K	/proc
| > 2.3M	/root
| >  20M	/sbin
| > 2.0K	/dos
| > 122M	/
| >
| > Hummm..........ok what's where's the rosetta stone.....I see a lot of
| > stuff is in /  ....a little on /usr.....but is that /usr mounted fs or
| > /usr on / ....  %-(
|
| So /boot is the big offender it seems.....Humm, well, I have recomplied
| my kernel....
|
| the directories with the kernels have a lot I mean a lot of *.ko
| files....They look like modules (correct me if I am rwong
| again)...GENERIC and DEBUG have none, just the kernel itself.
|
| Can I delete those modules????
|
| this is what is loaded:
|
| su-2.05a# kldstat
| Id Refs Address    Size     Name
|  1    6 0xc0100000 4fe904   kernel
|  2    1 0xc1d5b000 7000     ipfw.ko
|  3    1 0xc1e3e000 14000    linux.ko
|

| --karl

You don't want to ditch all the modules; you might need them some day.
But my modules aren't loaded into /boot.

You seem to have a rather unconventional setup.

You *are* running FreeBSD, right?  Is it -current or a really old version or
something?

How did you re-build the kernel?

And what all *is* in /boot?

My modules are in /modules, not /boot.