Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 19:52:12 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@bart.nl>
Cc:        Yoshinobu Inoue <shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org, cvs-committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Solicite review for KAME 10th patch]

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:

> -On [20000113 20:50], Yoshinobu Inoue (shin@nd.net.fujitsu.co.jp) wrote:
> >
> >  -can put some feature until 14th midnight?
> >or
> >  -can put some feature until 15th midnight?
>
> The 15th 00:00 Freefall time?

I think the typical use in the past has been that "the 15th" means
"whenever Jordan arrives to lay down the tag on the morning of the
16th".  Pushing it too hard would still not be a good idea...

> >If someone think these naming style should be changed, I think
> >it is best timing now. Please give me some proposal.
> >e.g.
> >   bindresvport_sa()
> >   realhostname_sa()
>
> I really prefer the _sa versions because the naming is less ambiguous
> from the 2 appended versions.

The _sa version hints at the reason why there are more arguments, rather
than just implying there are more arguments.  It's certain better than
appending a "2" to the name.