Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 10:45:24 -0500
From:      Thomas Hrdina <thrdina@ibm.net>
To:        Michael Goudie <michaelgoudie@usa.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Internet

Hi,

In order to set up your own internet server at home you need the following:

1. and Internet Service Provider (ISP) to whom you connect to get to the Internet.

2. A registered domain name may be required if you want to be know as
www.michaelgoudie.com
3. You'll need to install an http daemon on your bsd server (I've had good success
with apache).
4. You need to decide if you're server should be running 24hours in which case you
may with to consider a lease line to your ISP.

I'll suggest the following:
a. a trip to the local bookstore
b. decide on which company you want to use as ISP and get them to help you with
domain name and IP address stuff.