Date:      Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:50:59 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        "CHOI, Junho" <cjh@wdb.co.kr>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Powered by FreeBSD" on the Apache default page

"CHOI, Junho" wrote:

>     MM> Making a new category only leaves the impression that we are collecting
>     MM> themes. Before you know it, half the ports collection will consist of
>     MM> themes. I think misc is appropriate for a handful of really cute and BSD
>     MM> friendly themes, assuming that we want theme ports of course.
>
> How about make a 'freebsd' category? Not only wm themes, but also
> FreeBSD-specific packages(e.g. x11/fbsd-icons, misc/mergemaster,
> devel/portcheckout etc...) can be in such category. It can be virtual,
> not real repository.
>
> If any, OpenBSD-specific stuff exists, it can be another category....

I'm not against a FreeBSD category if it holds FreeBSD specific (real)
ports such as the one you mentioned (and not forgetting linux_kdump,
linux_base and linux_devtools of course). But then again, it will not
always be the most logical category to hold things and having only a proper
subset of the FreeBSD specific ports in that category will immediately
undermine the reason for having such a category.

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/