Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2001 13:44:22 -0600
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@hep.uchicago.edu>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sshd listening on port 6010

Does anyone know why sshd listens on port 6010 when someone is ssh'd into
a box?  I generally use mindterm to remotely log in from a windows machine
to my FreeBSD machine, but when using a UNIX machine to ssh in directly I
noticed that netstat said something was listening on port 6010 and
sockstat said that something was sshd.  This doesn't happen when mindterm
is used.  The only reference I could find to port 6010 in the mailing
archives were a few people who guessed that it had to do with X Windows,
but that's not correct because X isn't even installed on this FreeBSD box.

-David