Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:06:01 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        "Roberto Nunnari, AGIE" <roberto.Nunnari@agie.ch>
Cc:        questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mount_null vfsload(null)

On Thu 2000-06-15 (18:48), Roberto Nunnari, AGIE wrote:
> can anybody tell me what can cause this message show up?
>
> mount_null: vfsload(null): no such file or directory

'man vfsload' for information on vfsload.

Basically, you need to have the null filesystem module loaded, since it
doesn't seem to pick up /modules/null.ko automatically on your system.

> that call is made on a diskless pc like this:
> # mount_null /aDirectory /mount_point
>
> and both /aDirectory and /mount_point are existing
> directories as 'ls -l' correctly shows.

Note that the null filesystem isn't production-ready, and probably will
crash your machine, kill your pet hamster, drive over your favourite
petunias, and maybe even do something you won't like.  It does warn you
in the man page.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner