Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2007 15:12:34 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>
To:        freebsd ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [RFC/P] Port System Re-Engineering

On Dec 2, 2007, at 3:54 PM, Miguel Mendez wrote:

> I already replied to your questions in private but I wonder if you
> took a look at
> pkgsrc and the enhancements the OpenBSD people have done the pkg*
> commands and whether you think borrowing from them would be useful.

I've been using pkgsrc on my mac desktop, and it is decent;  however
the upgrade of software is still a PITA.  One benefit would be to have
a common source/package management across *all* of our desktops and
servers... but the number of ports in freebsd's collection is still
way higher than that of pkgsrc, so switching today is not feasible for
us.