Date:      Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:39:40 +0200
From:      Tobias Roth <ports@fsck.ch>
To:        Gore Jarold <gore_jarold@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: command line only cd and dvd ISO ripping ...

--------------enig052CB2CC45ACD14194391084

Gore Jarold wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I would like to archive my audio CDs by making full,
> perfect copies of them in ISO format.
>=20
> I seem to be doing this properly, but I would like a
> sanity check on my command line - can someone tell me
> what the "correct" command line is for making a
> PERFECT iso duplication of an existing audio CD ?

I suggest you rip the CDs with cdparanoia, which handles scratched CDs
better than a plain copy. Furthermore, if you want to save a few
megabytes, you can encode the ripped files losslessly, for instance with
flac, which is what I did with my CDs. I used audio/grip, since it
handles everything in one go and also tags the flacs with the help from
freedb.

About the DVD part, I can't help you, I have never done that.

cheers, Tobias