Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:30:21 -0500
From:      Rich Goodson <rgoodson@p-inet.net>
To:        "'freebsd-config@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-config@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IPv6 prompt in 4.2 installer

I am having problems getting the IPv6 prompt
"Would you like to try IPv6 configuration of the interface? [YES] [NO]"
to not come up when booting from my custom boot disks.
I have about 50 servers that are going to have basically the same
4.2-release configuration.  I'd like to be able to simply swap floppies and
then have the rest of the install be automatic.
everything else currently works except for this.

here is part of my mfsroot install.cfg file.
debug=NO
nonInteractive=YES
noWarn=YES
tryRTSOL=NO
tryDHCP=YES
... [other stuff about disks and nfs and packages deleted]

the tryRTSOL=NO was the closest thing I could find while looking through the
source code in /usr/src/release/sysinstall. I assume this is incorrect, as
it still comes up with the IPv6 prompt during the boot/install.

I assumed this was the correct variable due to following lines of code in
tcpip.c and sysinstall.h
tcpip.c:
((!variable_cmp(VAR_TRY_RTSOL, "NO")) && (!msgNoYes("Do you want to try IPv6
configuration of the interface?")))) {
((!variable_cmp(VAR_TRY_DHCP, "NO")) && (!msgNoYes("Do you want to try DHCP
configuration of the interface?")))) {

sysinstall.h:
#define VAR_TRY_DHCP                    "tryDHCP"
#define VAR_TRY_RTSOL                   "tryRTSOL"

since tryDHCP=YES works without prompting, I thought tryRTSOL=NO would also
work without prompting, but apparently I was incorrect.

is there any way I can get through this install without the try IPv6 prompt?

thanks,
 -rich