Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 10:58:45 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Keith=20Spencer?= <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
To:        fbsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   For script wizards-> Parse a delimited list to add htusers

Hi all,
I have an interesting problem.
I run a school network and have installed squid to
proxy for our ADSL fbsd gateway (4.3 releng)
I have figured out how to get a by-user/password
access challenge from squid. I need to be able to kick
kids off at times.
I am into VB but know nix of Perl etc.
The ideal thing would be to have a web driven user
database on the gateway but It is likely too tricky
for me to do. (see scenario at page bottom)
How can I parse a delimited file like...
user1,password1
user2,password2
   ....  etc
using htpasswd to add each entry to my /etc/inetusers
file
It would be even better if I could just somehow import
the users from the NT domain. But again...know not
how.
So maybe i'll just hit it with a hammer using ftp and
the script you might know how to do...
Anyway here is a scenario (best case)
Maybe you have suggestions for this or a neat solution
#############################
files = bannedlist , schooluserlist, inetusers
student fires up browser
challenged for user password
if valid ok surf
else if on banned list goodbye
else if not in valid nor banned list then
    get them to supply password
    addit to htpassword file
    let them in
What do you think?