Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 17:02:37 -0600
From:      Robert Lipe <robertl@sco.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apology to Robert Lipe [ UDI ]

Matthew Jacob wrote:

> I've been giving myself some embarrassing soul searching, and I'm
> forced to come to the conclusion that I've acted like a complete idiot
> and jerk.
>
> Robert- please accept my sincere apologies for my ill-mannered
> reaction and words. Whatever my opinions avbout UDI, whether in or out
> of FreeBSD are, I did not react in the positive manner that your mail
> deserved.

Well, I had come to the same conclusion, but now you've made me reverse
my conclusion, too. :-) Your apology is humbly accepted.

Similarly, I hope I didn't come off too strong in my enthusiasm.  UDI
isn't the answer to everything.  It solves some problems for some
people.  The offer is out there that I have a "proof of concept" port
knocked out for FreeBSD and will gladly work with anyone interested in
championing it to the next stage.

Thanx, Matthew.

RJL