Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:44:50 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm@inbox.lv>
Subject:   Re: i386/65965: make buildworld fails for STABLE

--RIYY1s2vRbPFwWeW

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 12:43:21AM +0200, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> On 2004.04.25 14:08:20 -0700, Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> > On Sunday 25 April 2004 01:56 pm, you wrote:
> > > Synopsis: make buildworld fails for STABLE
> > >
> > I remove /usr/obj and run make cleandir twice everytime I run make buil=
dworld
> > and did so this time.  So maybe the "create/installed for use during bu=
ild" is=20
> > missing something? It seems too early for you to close this with out ma=
king=20
> > some effort to solve the problem.
>=20
> I'm rather sure that this isn't a general problem since I can't
> reproduce it and I have seen not anything on -STABLE about this problem.
> As I mentioned before build problems are (IMO) better disussed on
> -stable, so I don't see a reason to keep the PR open.
>=20
I agree.  I'd have closed the PR myself, but I've only got a copy of
this PR that was Cc:'ed to stable@, which didn't include the PR number.

> > Why was the  /usr/include/net/if.h on my=20
> > system still missing IFCAP_POLLING? During make build world?
>=20
> buildworld will not update your installed files, but it created a
> temporary include diretory which is used during buildworld.
>=20
> In any case, to fix you problem you should check /etc/make.conf for
> options that can give problems (e.g CFLAGS).  The problem could also be
> a corrupted /usr/src so you could try to remove that an run cvsup again.
> Also make sure that the cvsup server you are using is up-to-date.  The
> problem could also be something in your shell environment.
>=20
I'd further suggest that an originator have put the (compressed) output
of ``make buildworld'' (both stdout and stderr) available somewhere for
download.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov