Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 15:24:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Kersten <tomkersten98@yahoo.com>
To:        Joe & Fhe Barbish <barbish@a1poweruser.com>, Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
Cc:        bill@wiliweld.com, FBSDQ <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Is fetchmail with Cox possible?????

Okay,

Here is where I am at....I changed my polling server
back to what it orginally was...pop.west.cox.net...and
now I am getting a great response...here it is

***********start*********
thomas@www:/home/thomas> fetchmail -v -a --all
Enter password for
thomas@mydomain.com@pop.west.cox.net:
fetchmail: 5.9.6 querying pop.west.cox.net (protocol
POP3) at Fri Mar  8 15:48:59 2002: poll started
fetchmail: POP3< +OK InterMail POP3 server ready.
fetchmail: POP3> USER thomas@mydomain.com
fetchmail: POP3< +OK please send PASS command
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR invalid user name or password.
fetchmail: invalid user name or password.
fetchmail: Authorization failure on
thomas@mydomain.com@pop.west.cox.net
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK thomas@mydomain.com InterMail
POP3 server signing off.
fetchmail: 5.9.6 querying pop.west.cox.net (protocol
POP3) at Fri Mar  8 15:49:00 2002: poll completed
fetchmail: Query status=3 (AUTHFAIL)
fetchmail: normal termination, status 3
**************finish*********

Now....it says that my username or password is
wrong...I know the username and password I am
submitting are correct....the thomas@mydomain.com is
correct and that is what it seems to be polling with.
And I know that I am typing the password in correct
because I am using it (and my u-name) through their
webmail interface. I read in the man page that using
quotes in the ~/.fetchmailrc file causes problems with
some qualified domains for some reason, so I have
removed all quotes and my password, then I submit it
when the prompt comes up for it. Any ideas on this??

thomas