Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 2009 16:40:04 GMT
From:      Alexander Best <alexbestms@math.uni-muenster.de>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/137332: add caution messages to some adobe products

The following reply was made to PR ports/137332; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alexander Best <alexbestms@math.uni-muenster.de>
To: Tsurutani Naoki <turutani@scphys.kyoto-u.ac.jp>,
 Alexander Best <alexbestms@math.uni-muenster.de>
Cc: <bug-followup@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 17:39:13 +0100 (CET)

 Tsurutani Naoki schrieb am 2009-11-03:
 > Alexander Best <alexbestms@math.uni-muenster.de> wrote:

 > > the latest security bulletin for flash9 recommends using version
 > > 9.0.246.0
 > > which is the version in ports!

 > Yes, this is available, but it is not announced officially.

 well. this bulletin recommends using it:
 http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb09-10.html so i guess it
 doesn't matter if it's an official release or just a patch-release.

 > www/linux-flashplugin7 is not maintained. please mark as ignore.
 > however, some linux_base might not support www/linux-flashplugin9 or
 > newer,
 > and some OS versions might not use new linux_base.

 i guess marking the port deprecated is the right thing to do. ignore should be
 used when there's an actual problem with the port which isn't the case. also
 VuXML's last entry for flash 7 is this one:
 http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/562cf6c4-b9f1-11dc-a302-000102cc8983.html

 so according to them the version in the ports isn't affected by any security
 issue. however
 http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/04c6187d-2d8f-11dd-98c9-00163e000016.html and
 http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/78f456fd-9c87-11dd-a55e-00163e000016.html only
 mention flash 9 as affected port although the description says that earlier
 version might be affected too. might be that the adobe security bulletins
 dropped flash 7 support.

 > no other ports about adobe products has trouble, as I know.

 i'll try to come up with a small patch to mark flash 7 deprecated.

 alex