Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 2010 21:19:29 -0500
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 64-bit PGP isn't Decrypting.

Dan Nelson writes:
> Does gnupg (ports/security/gnupg) work?  I think you'll have a hard time
> trying to get people to fix bugs in pgp; the source tree that the pgp port
> uses is 14 years old.

Wow! I thought that was just the first copywrite date.

gnugp installs gpg-2 which is almost the right thing but the
files encrypted from pgp report as using the "idea" method.
gpg-idea is a port that currently appears to try to decode the
test file but immediately bombs out with a couple of cryptic
errors about packets so not quite home yet.