Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 17:04:49 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Brian Adkins <brian@lojic.com>
Cc:        Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>, notme <notme@lvdi.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: windows 95 connect to FreeBSD

Brian Adkins wrote:

> At 10:19 AM 3/22/99 +0100, Stefano Riva wrote:
> >If you want
> >vice-versa (seeing Windows boxes from FreeBSD), install Sharity Light too.
>
> I was under the impression that Samba provided the functionality for
> FreeBSD to see Windows shared drives. Is that not the case?

You get 'smbclient' - which is an ftp-like program that uses SMB, you can
connect and ftp files off a LAN Manager host (such as Win'9X/NT)... This is
also used by smbtar - which can automatically tar files off a LAN Manager
system, but they don't allow you to cross-mount an SMB/LANManager drive onto a
unix filesystem :-(

-Kp