Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 22:20:06 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        Dennis Leist <dl_ref@yahoo.de>, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN-Connection via device isp0 breaks down after serveral secs

On Thursday 22 March 2001 17:31, Dennis Leist wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I hope somenone might help me!
>
> After successful dialing in to my ISP the connection breaks down after a
> few seconds.
> No TCPIP is working during that short time while connnected, so no ping
> works. TCP_EXTENSION is off.
>
> I tried both auth-proto-types: pap and chap.
>
> My System is like this :
> FreeBSD 4.2,
> FritzCard! PCI,
> i4b Version 0.96

[big snip]

I can't see any obvious errors in any of this, other than the failure to make
a connection to your ISP :)

I suggest turning on all ISDN trace with isdndebug for all layers and posting
the (voluminous) output to the list. It may be possible to see why sppp is
hanging up from that.

BTW here's a shell script I use to turn debug on/off.

#! /bin/sh

case $1 in
        start)  for i in 1 2 3 4
                do