Date:      Sat, 06 Apr 2002 21:34:18 -0500
From:      "Jud " <jud@operamail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Will GRUB, BootEasy, and/or NT Loader Do This?

I'm running 4 OSs and would like to choose from a menu of
the 4 at boot time.  Here is my configuration:

RAID-0 array (2 drives): Windows 2000 and FreeBSD
3rd drive: Windows 98 with QNX installed as a Win98 file
system.  When booting from this drive, the QNX boot loader
offers a choice of Win98 or QNX.

My preference would be to use GRUB, but as far as I know
(which admittedly isn't very far:) it has some difficulty
with RAID arrays.  I did read that someone had success
pointing GRUB to an individual drive within an array.
What would the appropriate GRUB syntax be to identify a
drive within the array?  I also would like to know (having
had my RAID array go south on me once, and not wanting to
repeat the experience) whether booting from a disk within
the array poses any chance of fuzzling my MBR?

Thanks,

Jud