Date:      Sat, 4 May 2013 09:28:11 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        Dieter BSD <dieterbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ladmins that cannot type a command

>> Since this will enable more people to run FreeBSD that otherwise
>> wouldn't give it a second glance, I would say it is VERY useful.
>
> Really?  How useful is FreeBSD going to be to someone who cannot type?
> Who is the target here?  Idiots?  People without fingers?

that's exactly what i mean here. Having more "people able to install
FreeBSD somehow" only hurt it.

We need more USERS, not more ladmins.

The reverse would be true if FreeBSD would be commercially sold software -
the more sold the better.

Linux already got that way.

contrary to common opinion GUI doesn't help learning. It prevents
learning.