Date:      Tue, 13 Feb 1996 21:05:33 -0500
From:      "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
To:        "Ulf Zimmermann" <ulf@z-code.ncd.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Frame Relay and FreeBSD

> I am trying at the moment to get $3000 together, so I can get me Frame Relay
> (128K as it looks like at the moment). That is $1009 for PB, $500 for the
> provider and rest for hardware I need.
>
> Ulf.

You guys should also look at the relative cost of an external,
standalone Ascend Pipeline 50 LS56 router, which has an ethernet
interface and a 56K DDS leased line interface (with built-in CSU/DSU).

I'm using one of these things at home, and it works really, really
great.  Its physically the same size as the Pipeline 50 ISDN router.

For T1 upgrade paths, you might also look at the newly announced
Pipeline 130 router, which I think has ISDN, 56K and T1 interfaces.  I
don't know what it costs.

http://www.ascend.com

louie