Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 17:38:04 -0500
From:      Mark Conway Wirt <mark@intrepid.net>
To:        Alex <ak@freenet.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.1A Howto

> This worked for me on a -current system but not -stable.  When I was
> installing SO5.1 on a -stable system, the setup program did not
> extract some of the libraries and therefore couldn't find them, even
> though LD_LIBRARY_PATH was set.  Very strange.  I had to extract the
> missing libraries just like described in the HOWTO.  Reproduced on
> two -stable boxes.

I've checked Marcel's suggestion on a -stable machine, and it works
provided that:

  You extract the libs via unzip -L setup.zip
  cd to the directory
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.

the key seems to be to unzip the libs first.

One nice thing that putting things in /usr/compat:  While soffice keeps
it's own copy of the libs and correctly sets the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, the
"setup" utility doesn't.  So, if you've done a network install and have
to run setup, you'll need to explicitly set your path, e.g.,

  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib/Office51/lib/

before running setup to set up your personal space (if you haven't put
them in /usr/compat).

--Mark