Date:      Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:48:09 -0500
From:      "Michael R. Wayne" <wayne@staff.msen.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Are quotas possbile on md filesystems?

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:53:19 -0500, Michael R. Wayne <wayne@staff.msen.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to use quotas on file-backed md filesystems
> on 5.3?  I was guessing that a line in fstab like:

OK, I see the error in my ways.  My goal is to use file-based
filesystems that are preserved acoss boots.  vnconfig says to
use mdconfig, the handbook suggests that the method I used is
correct.  But everything is cleared on reboot, which is not
what I was looking for.

So, what IS the correct way to create and use file-based file
systems?

And, can I put quotas on them?

/\/\ \/\/