Date:      Thu, 2 Apr 1998 01:36:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        Bruce Albrecht <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, shimon@simon-shapiro.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: One more: emulators/xzx

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Bruce Albrecht wrote:

> Maybe so, Jordan, but as someone who is regularly recognized as a
> spokesman for the FreeBSD core team, I consider it less than
> professional for you to use profanity when other phrases will do,

Context is everything.  I'd like to think we're better than a
bunch of four-year-old Linux-ites who think it's soo cool to use
profanity.  That said, there are times when profanity is, well,
proper.  :)

[In short, I'm saying absolutely nothing in the above paragraph. :)
Suffice it to say, I suppose, that on -ports I would have
chosen a slightly more obfuscated and obscure way of saying the
same]

> On a related subject, I'm also annoyed with the way some rugrats camp
> in the #FreeBSD IRC channel and spend most of their time talking about

IRC is IRC is IRC

> I think it takes a lot of postive PR to undo the damage created with
> casual profanity used here and on IRC, especially when we're trying to

is IRC.  You'll find it on #windows95 (or whatever), too; I'm
certain.

--
 tIM...HOEk
OPTIMIZATION: the process of using many one-letter variables names