Date:      Tue, 7 Apr 2009 21:03:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Wes Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Blu-Ray Drives

I just "upgraded" from a DVD-RW drive to a blu-ray. The weird thing is, I
can access the BD discs just fine (encrypted obviously), but the damn
thing won't let me access DVDs:

(cd0:ata2:0:0:0): Read of scrambled sector without authentication

My own DVDs that rip fine with my old drive now simply won't even play
back. Obviously this must be related to CSS, but I've never seen it deny
access to a disc. Anyone know what gives? Is there something different
about how these drives handle DVDs?