Date:      Tue, 23 Apr 1996 08:49:11 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        tonyc@compnews.co.uk (Tony Clark)
Cc:        nate@sri.MT.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq Contura 486 laptop

> First thanx everyone for the advice on Compaq 410C - the installation was a
> small wibble because of the following reasons.
>
> There are two PCMCIA ports on a compaq 410C but it looks like the kernel only
> sees the first one (which is the bottom one). So here was silly me trying all
> these different ethernet cards and none of them been visable to the kernel.
>
> The fix was to put it in the bottom one :)

Umm, which kernel are you using?  The Nomad version?  If so, they only
configure one PCMCIA slot, even though the code could support two.

> The only big problem i have is getting the PCMCIA modem working, the
> kernel sees the Miracom WorldPort PCMCIA as a Intel Internal 2400 baud
> modem. And i am unable to tip to it from any device ?

Hmm, I don't have any ideas.  Hosokawa has made some changes recently
with the user-land code that might help (or might be the cause of this),
so I can't help out until I get a bit closer to the code again.

Nate