Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2013 21:08:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
To:        Jan Beich <jbeich@tormail.org>
Cc:        gecko@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: seamonkey-2.16.1 failed on i386 8

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013, Jan Beich wrote:
>>>  http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-errorlogs/a.8.20130331051500.pointyhat/seamonkey-2.16.1.log

So, I studied this log and www/seamonkey/Makefile, and what I do
not see is where the following dependencies are coming from?

>> ===>   seamonkey-2.16.1 depends on executable: gmake - found
>> ===>   seamonkey-2.16.1 depends on executable: gcc46 - not found

Neither USE_GMAKE nor USE_GCC are set by this port.  So, how are
these two triggered?

I see one instances of USE_GCC in firefox/Makefile, but only under
option PGO which does not look like it's on by default?

> Likely a regression caused by recent bsd.gcc.mk changes. bsd.gecko.mk
> where USE_GCC=yes is defined hasn't changed since 2013-02-24.

I cannot exclude this, though to me it appears the answer to "Why
is GCC being detected as a missing dependency later in the game,
but not up front?" seems to be crucial.

What makes me very suspicious is this:

  ports.svn/www/seamonkey> make test-gcc
  make: don't know how to make test-gcc. Stop

This indicates that Mk/bsd.gcc.mk is _not_ included properly!

Gerald