Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:57:00 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Getting DDB tracedumps outside DDB

I'm trying to debug some code that is indirectly called from a lot of
places; to be able to get an overview of the calling patterns, I'd
like to dump out a number of backtraces.  Unfortunately, the function
is called in a real-time environment (I'm trying to debug a call
descriptor leak in i4b), so setting a breakpoint, showing a trace, and
continuing is likely to create problems.

I tried adding

#ifdef DDB
	db_stack_trace_cmd(NULL, 0, -1, "unused, I think");
#endif

to the start of the function in question, but this just got me a
double fault.  If anybody know how to invoke this properly, I'd
appreciate it.

Eivind.