Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:24:24 +0100
From:      Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
To:        Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
Cc:        Helge Oldach <freebsd-isdn@oldach.net>, Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: D-Channel

--==_Exmh_-1911087277P

In message <20020216171910.GA12392@night-porter.duskware.de>you write:
> I bet when they want to do that (i.e. never if you do not call for support)
> they will ask you to press some magic keys and enter a secret phone number,
> to which the PBX will call and download the config.

Actually, you'll have to enter one of the Service Center numbers at some
location, allowing them to dial in to your box and do the configuration.  You
have the opportunity to allow that or disallow taht, default is disallow and
no number entered.  If you use the remote config option, it will usually cost
you more than you want to spend.  And, all remote config scenarios I know of
work over a B-Channel.  Remote alarms of your box to the Service center
usually use only the D-Channel.

Gruesse
       Oskar

--==_Exmh_-1911087277P