Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 07:11:16 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Michael Harnois <mdharnois@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: world broken yet again

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 06:36:01AM -0500, Michael Harnois wrote:
> Are you telling me this error had something to do with optimizations?

No.  But they can affect compiles in bizarre ways (believe me, in the
four years that I've compiled world, I've seen several).

If you compile with optimizations, you need to be wary of any failed
buildworlds your machine gives.  If you are compiling a world that you
KNOW works, and optimizations give a problem, then you have a bona fide
optimization problem.  Sometimes it's correctable, sometimes not.

However, in this case, you ran into a bona fide breakage.  It was fixed
awhile ago, so re-cvsup and re-make world.  :)

--
wca