Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:57:50 +1100
From:      "Corey Ralph" <corey.ralph@datafast.net.au>
To:        Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dedicated smtp relay box

Looking over the server, I think I have figured out what is going on.

It isn't that it can't handle the load, it is just that there seems to
be a bug in the AVP replacement for qmail-queue which is leaving zombie
qmail-que (the original qmail-queue) processes.  So that is what is
consuming the RAM and causing the processes to stay around longer.  I
have set up a cron job to kill old the old processes until I can resolve
it with Kapersky, this has taken the load back down, it is now peaking
at about 150 smtp's.

I am still contemplating seperating these, so it will scale better as
load increases, and also to be able to offer the antivirus as a bill
option.

Thanks for all your help, I think I will get back to you some time soon
about this.

Cheers,
Corey