Date:      Tue, 27 May 1997 11:30:52 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      jau@iki.fi (Jukka Ukkonen)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Any work toward PnP support going on?

	Hello everybody!

	A few days ago I had a chance to test a SB/AWE-64 card, which
	naturally didn't come out well at all. It appears to be a plain
	PnP card which simply keeps dead silent until it has had it's
	dose of PnP initialization/probing. Because a growing number
	of all kinds of devices are adopting PnP as their standard
	feature which they cannot do without, it seems there is a growing
	need for PnP support also in FreeBSD. Is there any ongoing work
	within the FreeBSD community to support PnP? If so, when could
	we expect to see some early experimental version's source code
	floating around?

	Cheers,
		// jau
------
  /    Jukka A. Ukkonen,  Internet Services R&D / Telecom Finland Ltd.
 /__   M.Sc. (sw-eng & cs)                     (Phone) +358-2040-4025
   /   Internet: Jukka.Ukkonen@tele.fi           (Fax) +358-2040-2712
  /    Internet: jau@iki.fi                   (Mobile) +358-400-606671
 v     Internet: ukkonen@nic.funet.fi       (Home&Fax) +358-9-6215280