Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 2000 21:44:40 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Subject:   Re: max memory on Alpha?

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 12:28:46PM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> > Do you know *if* there is a hard limit at 2Gb?
>
> I dunno. Doug would be the one to know. I was supposed to look into this for
> the Rawhide, but all I ever got was 1.5GB. I could do a book exercise and look
> at it, but (see below).

I have a 4 and a 6Gb Rawhide as well. At some point in time (assuming
they are not being used for customer support) I could give them a spin.
And -current should build and boot please..

> > CPUs, so it is a good SMP testbed as well.
>
> Yes- I'm still struggling to clear a block of time to help more with this. I
> had to move offices and other stuff happened as well - I'm still about 1.5
> meters underwater.

Well, I am not much of help when it comes to programming, but I do have
access to a few SMP alphas.

--
Wilko Bulte
wilko@freebsd.org 			Arnhem, the Netherlands