Date:      Sun, 02 Sep 2001 09:36:03 +0100
From:      David Dooley <dpd@raffles-it.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Vmware and access to real devices

--==_Exmh_-892862421P

Hi

I have installed a vmware virtual machine that hosts win2k. One of
the things I would like to be able to do is, exchange information
from outlook to my phone pda a Nokia 9110. Only when ever I fire up
the Nokia app it says the serial ports are not available.

I believed that the problem may be that I didn't have a
/usr/compat/linux/dev directory so I created it, and inside it, I
linked ttyd0 to the real /dev/ttyd0, that didn't work so I tried
linking ttyd0 to /dev/caau0 still no joy.

Has anybody any other useful recommendations so as to make the serial
port accessible from withim my virtual machine.

Thanks

David

--==_Exmh_-892862421P

--==_Exmh_-892862421P--