Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 2010 02:39:58 +0000
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>, four.harrisons@googlemail.com,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI & battery issues

> Eitan,
>
> I've attached the patch - this came from David Naylor on the ACPI list. I=
f I understand what he told me at the time, it doesn't fix the problem enti=
rely - but I can't pretend I understand ACPI. I know it means that on my S1=
0e I no longer get spammed with ACPI errors - and that my battery status an=
d shutdown work properly.

> The patch applies to /usr/src/sys/dev/acpica/acpi_ec.c
>
> It needs some new entries in /boot/loader.conf to adjust the timeouts and=
 delays - which you can tinker with. The settings given are what works for =
me - but search the acpi list archives for David's original email:

> debug.acpi.ec.delay=3D"200"
> debug.acpi.ec.gpe=3D"1"
> debug.acpi.ec.timeout=3D"100"
>
> Hope it helps,
>

> Peter Harrison.

Thanks for the patch. Unfortunately the hard drive in the laptop in
question broke and I'm waiting for a replacement. I will test it when
I reinstall freeBSD though. Thanks for the patch.

--=20
Eitan Adler