Date:      Sun, 16 Jun 2002 15:11:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, jdp@polstra.com, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rtld-elf patches for non-i386 architectures (review / test request)

:
:Why memset(3) the anon memory to zero, isn't that what it's supposed
:to be initialized to anyway?
:
:--
:-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]

    I was just being ultra-conservative.  You are absolutely correct
    in regards to the anonymous area already being zero.  I would like
    to commit with the memset()'s in just for uniformity and then make
    another pass to remove them.  (there's no real issue of cpu waste
    since we are going to take faults on the anonymous pages anyway).

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>