Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2014 19:58:14 +0300
From:      Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        sem@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, ports-committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svn commit: r374456 - head/dns/unbound

* Ollivier Robert (roberto@keltia.freenix.fr) wrote:

> > Author: sem
> > Date: Wed Dec 10 13:44:50 2014
> > New Revision: 374456
> > QAT: https://qat.redports.org/buildarchive/r374456/
> >
> > Log:
> >   - Do not remove /var/run/unbound for smooth upgrading.
> >
> >   PR:		195846
> >   Submitted by:	roberto
>
> I think the rule that must be put int the committers' guide if not already present is:
>
> 	Thou Shalt Not Touch The System Outside $PREFIX
>
> as the goal is now moving toward painless binary upgrades.  pkg install/delete are now the norm rather than the exception.

On the countrary, with new pkg capabilities we can smoothly manage
things outside prefix, e.g. in /var. I think that unbound change needs

@dir /var/run/unbound

instead, which will remove empty directory for cleaner deinstallation.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3@amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3@jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru