Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 02:46:10 -0500
From:      "E. J. Cerejo" <ejcerejo@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "libintl.so.1 Not Found" But I Do Have It!

Today I've decided to cvsup my ports and ran a pkg_version and decided to
update them.  I started by removing the old gettext-0.10.35_1 and install the
new gettext-0.10.40, it installed fine then went to update freetype2 and it
failled and it complained:  /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: shared object
"libintl.so.1" not found.  I know that gettext is supposed to install this
file so I was able to locate it in /usr/local/lib, it's there so I don't know
why freetype2 can't find it or any of the apps that need this file, gkrellm
needs it to run so now it doesn't run because it complains about this same
thing!  Is the the new gettext port broken?  Any help would be great. Thanks.