Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 07:28:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        michaelh@cet.co.jp
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Iozone: local vs nfs drives

 * > I haven't seen tagged-queueing make much difference for reads.  These
 * > are the kind of numbers we've seen before (off the top of my head):
 * >
 * >                 w/o tag   with tag
 * >                  W    R    W   R
 * > Quantum Atlas    6    7    6   7
 * > Seagate 'Cuda    4    6    6   7
 *
 * I guess we haven't addressed the original question though.  It's strange,

You're right, I've never seen any drive that can write faster than
reading.  At least in my limited experience with, um, 5 drives and two
controllers.

Satoshi

P.S. Here's another one, this is IDE (P5-133, ST32140A):

## iozone 100 65536
 :
        3236501 bytes/second for writing the file
        3689327 bytes/second for reading the file