Date:      Sun, 8 Mar 2015 14:36:19 +0200
From:      Kimmo Paasiala <kpaasial@gmail.com>
To:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
Cc:        "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>, freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Single worst bug for ports: lang/gcc* doesn't support c++11

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com> wrote:
> On 03/07/2015 21:28, Russell L. Carter wrote:
>>

>> I would like to understand better the problem here, because I use c++11
>> features heavily with lang/gcc49 on a daily basis with zero problems.
>

> No, gcc-4.9.3 fails in the same way. Specific missing feature: std::snprintf
>
> error: 'snprintf' is not a member of 'std'
>

> Yuri

Post an example of the offending code. I suspect that the real problem
is that the code is not using an explicit 'using std::snprintf' when
it should, this is a very common problem in C++ code that has been
written at a time when including a header file was enough to bring the
std:: namespace names in that header to the global namespace. This is
no longer the case afaik on standard conformining implementations.

-Kimmo