Date:      Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:06:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, suleyman@echonyc.com
Subject:   Re: apm not working under 4.3 RC

>Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 00:01:52 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>

>I did a 'make world' and rebuilt the kernel this Monday effectively
>upgrading from 4.3 BETA to 4.3 RC. Prior to that I had 4.2 from the CDROM
>running on my Toshiba Satallite 305CDS.

>Somewhere along the line, apm stopped working.

>If I use 'zzz' or 'apm -e true' I get 'can't open /dev/apm: Device not
>configured'

>The apm line in the new kernel config file reads:

>device	apm0    at nexus? disable flags 0x20 # Advanced Power Management

                          ^^^^^^

The "disable" there is the problem, I believe....  (Just remove that
word & rebuild the kernel.)

Cheers,
david
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.