Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 1997 23:52:21 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   colorls needs color-xterm?

This may be a question for XFree, if so I beg pardon.

I just built the colorls port on a new installation of FreeBSD 2.2 and
XFree86 3.2.

The DESCR file for the colorls port reads:

	Standard xterm prior to XFree86 3.1.2B doesn't know about colors,
	so you should use update your XFree86 or use kterm (available from
	the ports collection).

This leaves me with the impression that with XF3.2 I no longer need
color_xterm to use colorls.

However, the only color I can seem to get with xterm is black. I've tried
various xterm switches including +cm and +dc to no avail.

can I run colorls without color_xterm?

    / \  / \ / | / \    / \    University of Washington  ()
    | | / / / /  |  \   | |      Chemical Engineering    /\
    | |\ \ \ \   | |  \   |  I bask in my own insignificance.