Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:09:25 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5rten_Wikstr=F6m?= <Marten.Wikstrom@framfab.se>
Cc:        "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Wanted: documentation on KLD modules

> I'm trying to convert a PCI network interface device driver to a KLD module.
> However, the driver is depending on a pseudo-device and the pseudo-device is
> in turn dependent on the device driver. How do I specify dependencies
> between KLD modules and what type of module shall they be?

With a circular dependancy like this, I'd actually recommend building the
two together into a single module file.  There doesn't seem to be any
utility in having them in separate files at all.

However, should you wish to have a module depend on another module, you
should use the MODULE_DEPEND macro in your sources.

MODULE_DEPEND(this, other, min, preferred, max)

this		the name of this module
other		the name of the required module
min		minimum version of the other module acceptable
preferred	preferred version of the other module
max		highest version of the module acceptable