Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 1999 16:15:49 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ejecting card with 3.3 causes hang ?

In message <199912060258.NAA17727@cairo.anu.edu.au> Darren Reed writes:
: ejecting a modem pcmcia card caused 3.3 to do the following:
: /kernel: sio2 unload,gone
: /kernel: Return IRQ=11
: /kernel: Card removed, slot 1
: /kernel: Card inserted, slot 0
: and then it was frozen.
:
: Will there be a 3.4 with things like this fixed ?

Not likely.  There are no known problems right now in the -stable code
which don't represent a failure to detect pilor error and/or race
conditions that cannot be worked around w/o huge performance
penalties.  I don't maintain -stable's pccard code and to the best of
my knowledge, no one else does either.  This means there is no one to
look at them.

I'll be happy to look at patches for -stable, however.  The times I've
made this offer in the past I've not gotten patches.

Warner