Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 95 08:36:32 GMT
From:      Narinder Singh <fd11@dial.pipex.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Lex or Flex?

Dear sir,
I am using Linux at the moment, but I am looking to go over to
FreeBSD. However before I do, I need to know some information about
Free BSD.

Does FreeBSD provide Lex or Flex?

The reason I need to know is because I am trying to compile a
software application from the Georgia Institute Of Technology. This
application uses Yacc and Lex to create a C preprocessor. However, my
version of Linux comes with Flex ver 2.5.2, which does not give the
desired result. Therefore, I am trying locate a copy of Lex to use
with FreeBSD.

If FreeBSD does not come with Lex then do you know where I could
download a copy that will run under FreeBSD?

Yours faithfully,

Narinder Singh
Research Manager, Simulation
Visionics Europe Ltd
Email: fd11@dial.pipex.com

(I've experienced no problems when I moved from Yacc to Bison).