Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 2003 22:14:35 -0800
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Clifton Royston <cliftonr@tikitechnologies.com>, Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Observations on make release process?

On Friday 14 November 2003 02:57 pm, Clifton Royston wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 10:48:13PM +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 11:37:05AM -1000, Clifton Royston wrote:
> > >   Is this as good a list as any for observations on the FreeBSD
> > > "make release" process?  I can't see any other list that fits the
> > > subject.
> >
> > Did you dig into http://www.freebsd.org/releng/#docs ?
>
> Oh yes, that was one of my "bibles" so far, especially
>
> <http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/releng/release-bui
>ld.html>
>
> along with "man release" and some other notes I've found on the web
> like:
>
> <http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/~watari/FreeBSD/boot.html>;
>
>   Here's one minor inaccuracy (or at any rate inadequacy) I've found in
> "man release" and the above pages:

Patches or additions to existing documentation, or even just providing
text to one of our many dedicated doco contributors, would be greatly
appreciated.  What can you do for FreeBSD today?  ;^)

--

        Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                               wes@softweyr.com