Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:04:18 -0700
From:      christopher <skeptikos@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port management practices

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 00:29:49 +0200
Ravna <ravna@nerdshack.com> wrote:

> It's my philosophy, that a little each day, is better than lots, once in
> a while.
> Cron updates my ports tree every night and does a "portupgrade -a"
> after that.
> The output is saved to a file, so I can deal with problems.
> I do a "buildworld/buildkernel" every week, if there are changes in the
> source.

Wow, that's bold. I have to say, that while it seems
to make sense, I'm pretty scared of trying it out. I
would hate to think that I wake up and openoffice
doesn't work for the paper I have to write. One of these
days when I get an extra machine up and running, I'll
be sure to try it though.

--
christopher <skeptikos@gmail.com>