Date:      Mon, 5 May 2008 22:00:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
To:        Steve Franks <stevefranks@ieee.org>
Subject:   Re: wine, amd64, and fc-7

>>  run windows if you need windoze apps
> Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  I'll never turn!  I've been
> quite happily, actually, moving my installed base of systems in the
> other direction.  (I thought I'd get a more serious response from the
> fbsd higher-ups, Wojciech).

yes this is serious. there are very few things that doesn't exist for unix
- only windows. but if you really need install windows. it is at least
(roughly) windows compatible :)

or use qemu. it's slow but works. i do this - just to be able to check how
my webpages display in Internet Exploder.

> Seriously, though, I thought someone might have installed wine on
> 32-bit linux emualtion on amd64.  All the other linux apps run so
actually i never had any success with wine, only simple apps work. on the
other hand i don't needed it much.