Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:38:28 +0100
From:      Udo Schweigert <udo.schweigert@siemens.com>
To:        "E. J. Cerejo" <ejcerejo@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "libintl.so.1 Not Found" But I Do Have It!

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 02:46:10 -0500, E. J. Cerejo wrote:
> Today I've decided to cvsup my ports and ran a pkg_version and decided to
> update them.  I started by removing the old gettext-0.10.35_1 and install the
> new gettext-0.10.40, it installed fine then went to update freetype2 and it
> failled and it complained:  /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: shared object
> "libintl.so.1" not found.  I know that gettext is supposed to install this
> file so I was able to locate it in /usr/local/lib, it's there so I don't know
> why freetype2 can't find it or any of the apps that need this file, gkrellm
> needs it to run so now it doesn't run because it complains about this same
> thing!  Is the the new gettext port broken?  Any help would be great. Thanks.

The libintl.so.1 is not installed by default - if you have it there it is
left over by an old installation.

Try to again install gettext-0.10.40, but do it with

	make -DWANT_FULL_GETTEXT clean install

I just wrote to the port maintainer of gettext that it will be of great
value if the default installation of gettext will again install the shared
libraries.

Best regards

--
Udo Schweigert, Siemens AG   | Voice      : +49 89 636 42170
CT IC 3, Siemens CERT        | Fax        : +49 89 636 41166