Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:16:27 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Warm fuzzies (was [senmonk6@yahoo.com: Re: FreeBSD] )

--TBNym+cBXeFsS4Vs

Pats on the back all round folks. . .

----- Forwarded message from Shaun <senmonk6@yahoo.com> -----

Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:03:22 -0500
To: Johnson David <djohnson@acuson.com>
From: Shaun <senmonk6@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: FreeBSD
Cc: freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org

That was very well put. I completely agree. I also sympathize with the=20
frustrations of the "core." I am what you might call an intermediate user,=
=20
who switched from Linux. The main reason that I choose FreeBSD over the=20
other flavors was the extensive documentation and mailing list archive. I=
=20
have not yet had one thing that I needed to post to a list that I didn't=20
find somewhere else. Much gratitude goes towards the few who run everything.

Shaun Newcomer
Senior Server Administrator/Webmaster
Mentor High School
monk@mentorhigh.com

At 06:37 PM 2/27/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>On Wednesday 27 February 2002 06:16 pm, Gerardo Paredes wrote:
>
> > Mr Arrogant, you are right, newbies got to learn the Fine Handbook befo=
re
> > they ask lame questions.
>
>For any newbies that haven't figured it out yet, there are three fundament=
als
>reasons for checking the documentation before you post a question. First, =
if
>you post a question with an answer readily available in the Handbook, you
>broadcast your lameness to the world. Yes, there will be times where you
>overlook something and ask a lame question, but one lame question out of t=
en
>is much better then ten lame questions out of ten.
>
>Second, the people on the ircs and mailing lists are volunteers. They don't
>get paid for taking the time to look up answers that you could have looked=
 up
>anyway. FreeBSD Mall offers paid support plans if you wish to access tech
>support people that actually ARE paid to answer your questions.
>
>And finally, learning about your system is a wonderful thing. But you will
>never learn it if you keep insisting on being spoon fed.
>
>David (aka Mr. Arrogant)

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-newbies" in the body of the message

----- End forwarded message -----

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \=
 ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/=
_)

--TBNym+cBXeFsS4Vs

--TBNym+cBXeFsS4Vs--