Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 1995 09:08:11 +0100 (MET)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@aida.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   crash while running xanim

My computer crashed while I was playing a large .avi file (robroy.avi
from the Windows 95 cdrom).
I found these messages in /var/log/messages:

swap_pager: out of space
process 302 killed by vm_fault -- out of swap.

the computer froze then rebooted.
I have been unable to reboot with the same kernel.
Each time I try to reboot it told me that the FPU was not working
and that he was unable to reset the computer so he tried to halt the cpu
After having switched off my computer, waited 2 minutes and then restarted
on an old kernel I found that many files I was not working on were lost.

tell me If you want me to do some tests.

Thanks for your help
--
Didier Derny
didier@aida.org